Can we read 1,000 books together during summer vacation? Read and WIN at the library this summer!
This year’s nationwide Summer Reading Program theme is LIBRARIES ROCK!, and the Blake Memorial Library has a rockin’ Summer Reading Challenge for ALL AGES!
As a community, can we read 1,000 books together during summer vacation? To enter this challenge:
- Simply pick up a Summer of 1,000 Books punch card at the library
- Read 5 books (or have 5 books read to you) to complete your punch card
- Bring your completed punch card to the library and add 5 rocks to our “rock pile”
- Exchange your completed punch card at the library for a raffle ticket. Enter your raffle ticket to win one of our fabulous Summer Reading prizes—we have prizes for ages 0-99!
- Don’t forget to grab another punch card before you leave!
When you hand in your card, don’t forget to “count” your books toward our goal of 1,000! We’ll have rocks for you to add to our Summer of 1,000 Books Rock Pile. When the jar is full of rocks, we’ll know we’ve met our goal!
- All books (any length) and audiobooks count toward our goal of 1,000. Magazines and podcasts do NOT count.
- The challenge runs from June 11 – August 23, 2018.
- Summer Reading grand prize drawings will take place at our Summer Reading Finale Event on Aug. 23. Time TBA. You do not need to be present to win.
- Your kids not reading yet? No problem! Books read to you count toward our goal!
- Don’t want to fuss with raffle tickets or rock piles? You can still enter your completed card, just drop it off at the circulation desk or in our book drop box.
More info about all of our Summer Reading Program events, challenges, and activities can be found here »
Thank you to our Summer Reading sponsors for their generous support: The VT Dept. of Libraries, the Chang family, Crossmolina Farm, the Montshire Museum of Science, and the Dudenhoeffer family.