Another great Plant & Book Sale is set for Memorial Day Weekend. Browse through our expertly sorted collection of thousands of books and our inspiring selection of plants– just in time for your garden! The sale will take place Saturday, May 26 from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm AND Sunday, May 27 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
As always, the library depends on community support to make this fundraiser a success: we’ll be accepting book donations April 1 – April 30 during library open hours only. We are also looking for donations of small, empty boxes for sorting (copy paper or liquor boxes are the ideal size).
BOOK DONATION GUIDELINES:
* We can only accept book donations April 1 – April 30 due to limited storage space. We will not be able to accept donations after April 30.
* Sorry, we cannot accept textbooks, encyclopedias, magazines, journals, items with mold/mildew, or VHS/cassette tapes.
* Please drop off your donations during library open hours ONLY. Donations can be left next to the photocopy machine; please do not leave donations on ramp or front library vestibule. Open hours: M & W 2-8pm, TH & SA 9am-noon, FRI 2-6pm.
* If you have more then 2-3 boxes of books, please call or email Emily to arrange a time to meet her directly at our storage area next door.
* The aging backs of the Fundraising Committee and Library Director THANK YOU for following these guidelines 🙂
PLANT DONATION GUIDELINES:
As your perennial beds thaw out and your thoughts turn to dividing overgrown iris, astilbe, phlox or day lily clumps, consider a pot or two (or three!) for the library’s Memorial Day Plant Sale. In the few days leading up to the sale, there will be empty pots near the library’s rear entrance– help yourself. And there is always a demand for vegetable starts: tomatoes, peppers, herbs– send us your extras!