Did You Know…
- Blake Memorial Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit library. Only 7% of our annual budget comes from municipal funds; the rest comes from donations past and present. We don’t receive any funding from the State, but do receive several small grants from the Vermont Department of Libraries each year to help cover the cost of Inter-Library Loan and our Summer Reading Program.
- Nearly 100% of the library’s revenue comes from fundraising activities and donations.
- We rely on donations and proceeds from our fundraising events—like our annual Garden Tour and semi-annual Plant and Book Sales—to remain a relevant 21st Century Library and to make our library one of the best small-town libraries in Vermont!
- Our Annual Appeal letter is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Please consider making an annual contribution. If you’d like to receive our Annual Appeal mailing each autumn, please contact us.
Ways to Give Financial Support
1) Please make your tax-deductible check payable to Blake Memorial Library and mail to:
Blake Memorial Library
P.O. Box D
East Corinth, VT 05040
2) Simply leave us a tax-deductible check next time you visit the library.
Give When Purchasing at Amazon.com
To discuss making a planned gift to the Blake Memorial Library, please contact our Board of Trustees.
Thank you for your support of the library!
Offering a Bit of Your Time
Since the Library Director is our ONLY paid staff, we rely on help from volunteers to do everything from staffing the circulation desk, processing and cataloging new books, running fundraising events, doing building maintenance, and much, much more Be as involved as you like: a few hours per year or a few hours per week. Info on volunteering can be found here »
Every spring and summer, we hold a Book and Plant Sale. We are happy to take books and plants that you’re ready to pass along to others! We happily accept baked good donations at our end-of-summer sale, as well. If you have another item you’d like to donate to the library, please contact us.
Secret Garden Tour
Every year in June, the library holds our annual Garden Tour featuring five beautiful gardens in the towns of Topsham and Corinth. If your garden might be a good candidate for the tour, please contact the library.
Blake Memorial Library is a Federal Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Corporation. All donations are tax-deductible.