The 2018 nationwide Summer Reading Program theme is LIBRARIES ROCK!, and this summer at the Blake Memorial Library, we’re going to rock reading and literacy!
Our Summer Reading Program has three components:
1) Special Summer Reading Performers & Programs
2) Summer Reading Challenges. Win prizes!
3) Ongoing Summer Reading Opportunities
Join in the fun! Details below.
More information about our Summer Reading Program:
1) 5 Special Summer Reading Performances & Programs:
Click on each one for more details.
* JUNE 21 @ 10:00 AM: ENERGY ROCKS! Hands-on live energy demos with Michael Caduto
* JULY 5 @ 10:00 AM: DRUMS ROCK! Let’s rock the drums together with master drummer Saragail Benjamin
* AUG 1 @ 12:30-2 PM: Ban This Book DCF BOOK CLUB FOR KIDS with librarians Amy Herrick & Emily Heidenreich
* AUG 2 @ 10:00 AM: MAGIC SHOW with Ed Popielarczyk
* AUG 23 @ TBA: SUMMER READING FINALE & RAFFLE PRIZE DRAWINGS. More details TBA.
2) Two very special Summer Reading Challenges. Take the challenge and enter to win one of our grand prizes:
* Summer of 1,000 Books Challenge, for ALL AGES»
3) Ongoing Summer Reading Opportunities:
* Story Hour & Crafts every Thursday at 10am (year-round)
* Borrow a Summer Learning Bag» (full of age-appropriate books, games, and activities)
* Borrow a toy from our Toy Lending Library»
* Play lawn games in our outdoor Picnic & Play Area
* Borrow a FREE pass to VT Attractions»
(VINS, State Parks, VT Historic Sites, Fairbanks Museum, ECHO [reduced rate pass] & More)
Thank you to our Summer Reading sponsors for their generous support: The VT Dept. of Libraries, the Chang family, Crossmolina Farm, Montshire Museum of Science, and the Dudenhoeffer family.